Sunday, November 11, 2007

links


I have decided to introduce a simple new feature on this blog, where I post links to thing i feel need to share with people. Basically its all the site I have enjoyed visiting since last time I posted a collection. Any way here comes the first installment:

FreeRice.com No its another site that tries to free a basketball player from the bench, to be able to unleash his potential. But its a site the gives 10 grains of rice to "hungry human beings" for every word you get correct. It seems legit, they will help the UN, through the sponsors on the site. So you can take a vocab quiz and give something to other people by knowing the words. So start giving HERE

(heard about it on the radio, but a hat-tip to afshin for the link)

Bahaullah.org

Ever wanted a site that explain the life of Bahá'u'lláh through pictures. Well here it is. The Bahá'í World News Service describes it like this: "Rather than providing a comprehensive history or literary presentation of the Baha'i Faith, the new Web site aims rather to be impressionistic" So enjoy the presentation HERE

Musik Nu! and Angora By Night A good radio program about music - in danish. Who recommend new music and try keep people up on the newest music. I was fully enthralled last time I listened to it. Especially the interview they had with the singer from Bloc Party. So either listen to it online or as a podcast. Website HERE

While I'm recommending danish stuff, there is the danish satire show Angora By Night. Great for laughs, but sometimes a little too much. You can view all their shows HERE


This pretty much concludes the first batch, I hope to post more links regularly.

Before I end I just want to give a link to a great resource if you need to look thing up on the nets: schoolr.com. Another link is to a review of the new Jay-Z CD, holla! (link)

Enjoy

No comments: